Emerald Princess Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

Purser

A Busy, Beautiful Time!

Sail Date: June 25, 2012

The Ship was spotless from top to bottom and from start to finish. The staff were clearly busy but always pleasant and courteous. There was plenty to do and see on the ship! The photography services added an element of fun and their resulting portraits were beautiful.

Pros: Food at The Grill Restaurant on Ship

Cons: Not Enough Time in Port!

Recommends Emerald Princess? Yes!

The ship was stunning. The ONE criticism I have is that there was SUCH a bad smell from all the smoking in the casino - it happened to be very near one of our rooms. Since I'm not a smoker it just really makes a huge impression on me to have to walk out of my way to avoid going through that area. My teenage kids hated that, too. I would go out of my way to find a completely non-smoking cruise whenever it's possible.
We immediately made bookings at the Grill and the Italian restaurant for every night but one and it was well worth it. The service was outstanding,the environment quiet and intimate, the food fresh and beautiful; and there was really no comparing it to the one night we ate at Michealangelo's where the service was also great but the food was not as fresh (I had the steak medallions and they were pretty tough).
Very comfortable rooms on Deck 5, one interior and one with a window. High quality and everything kept up beautifully. I called for help once to get some supplies and got my response and supplies in just moments. it was WONDERFUL that none of the rooms smelled of cigarettes!!!!!!! Well done!!!!
I really nejoyed hearing about where the staff goes when they have time in the port stops. People were willing to share good experiences, make recommendations on where to go for a pint of beer and people watch, or get the best ice cream - it was just very friendly.
There was a wide range of entertainment; I prefer more classical music so not so interested in Karoke, lounge singers or games. I LOVED the clasical music that was performed in the Atrium - the trio of women string players were excellent as was the pianist!!!
I think this is a difficult thing to organize (I have an 11 year old girl and a 13 year old boy), and you did a really great job! The spaces were welcoming and fun to hang out in, the staff alert and engaged, the kids were nice to each other, and there were lots of CHOICES. My kids liked it.