Emerald Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Surprisingly average

Sail Date: March 27, 2012

I've been on 40+ cruises, this was my first try on Princess. The layout of the ship made it seem very very crowded. The buffet area was cut up with so many walls it was like a maze, trying to struggle between tables and walls and walls and walls to try to find your party or a table - ridiculous! The food was completely hit or miss, some things were fabulous, some should have been thrown in the rubbage bin. I think I actually lost weight on this cruise, that's a first! For the price I'd definitely recommend Celebrity over Princess.

Pros: Ports of Call

Cons: Poorly designed ship which made it seem very crowded, with very average food.

Recommends Emerald Princess? No.

The layout of the ship and the planning of the entertainment areas meant you are always running into a huge crowd of people wherever you go. I've been on many ships of this size with this number of passengers, and this felt by far to be the most crowded.
Some food was awesome, some was horrible. I absolutely do NOT recommend the Crowne Grill. My steak had a bad burned taste to it, like the grill hadn't been cleaned in years!
Room was smaller than most, and the mattresses are well past their use by date! You could actually SEE the sag in them.-
Again, just because of the ship layout and planning of the activities, it was always extremely crowded.
My only negative about the staff was this: we purchased the beverage package - so NO staff asked us if we wanted drinks by the pool, etc. because we obviously had our "free drink" cups with us.