Emerald Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Emerald is now my new favortie Princess

Sail Date: May 01, 2010

Boarding the ship into the Piazza is absolutely breathtaking. The service in that area (Vines and International Cafe) is the best on the ship. This was my 19th cruise with Princess and the Emerald is the cleanest ship I have ever been on. I would have preferred one less day in port and have an extra sea day. Two sea days is not enough to take in the beauty and art of the Emerald.

Pros: The beauty of the Piazza and the beautiful music that was always playing

Cons: The inability of so many servers to be friendly and speak understandable English

Recommends Emerald Princess? Yes!

I have noticed an unbelievable difference in the staff's attitude once Princess merged with Carnival. No one goes out of their way to be helpful, there is no greeting or even a head not, when you pass them in the hall, rude bar service in Club Fusion. i have so many fabulous memories of sailing with Sitmar, then Princess, and it is a huge disappointment to see how things have gone down hill since the merger with Carnival.
Food in the main dining room was hit or miss. Some dishes were absolutely outstanding, and others were just okay. I thought that the sides (except for the rice, don't ever order rice) was better the the main dish. Was disappointed that they did not serve the Grand Marnier Souffle, my favorite souffle. I asked out waiter if he could talk to the head waiter, and he said no. Before Princess merged with Carnival, that never would have happened.
Cleanest ship I have ever been on.
Outside cabin, definitely enough space for two people. Would be tough for more than two though.