Emerald Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean

Worst Cruise to date for us

Sail Date: December 01, 2008

We went to the club on New Year's Eve to dance, but there were so many small children chasing the baloons that the adults could not dance. No one asked them or their parents to leave. Then we went upstairs to watch the baloons fall and a fight broke out. The staff would walk by and turn when they realized what was happening. They never even mnade them leave the area when the fight had finished. They left them there to annoy the rest of the people. They were clearly over intoxicated and obnoxious, but no one said anything. Another time a man fell outside my cabin. I called 3 times and it took them an hour to respond. Two other passengers called as well. Kids were in the adult only "Sanctuary" pool and no one asked them to leave. We were going to pay to go to the Sanctuary to escape the kids, but not if they aren't going to enforce the rules. I have been on other cruises where people got rowdy, but the crew always discreetly nipped it in the bud. Not this crew. They just ignored it. When I said something to the Purser's desk, I was asked what were they supposed to do??

Pros: The ship is beautiful and food decent, bar staff and dining staff friendly

Cons: The Crew did not enforce the rules and were unable/unwilling to deal with situations

Recommends Emerald Princess? No.