Just OK, but for a new Princess ship?

Emerald Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: November 01, 2009
Very nice ship, we loved our balcony room. Room steward very nice and helpful. Staff at buffet rude or would just ignore us. Ordered a soda package, but almost had to beg to get a soda! Food at main dining area not very good. Ordered Medallions of Filet one night, was brought two very over done thin dried out pieces of meat. Did eat in both specialty restaraunts and they were both excellent, but should you have to pay extra to get a decent meal on a ship? Over all we did have a great time in spite of some of the comments below.

Probably one of the most dissapointing aspects. The food in the main dining room was about on par with Hometown Buffet. Below average service in dining room, water glass would remain empty until I asked to have it refilled. This happened more than once. Buffet was what Las Vegas Casino buffet was 25 years ago. I do have to say Crown Grill and Sabatini's were some of the best meals I have ever had. But as i stated, should you have to pay extra for a decent meal?

All I can say is the entertainment was good. Not great, but good. I have seen better shows on other ships.

Most would ignore or borderline rude. As we embarked, went to buffet. We had got our food and sat down. Waiters would pass by trying to avoid eye contact. I finally got up and approched a waiter and asked "How do I get a soda" His reply was a snooty "Everyone is just very busy here, you need to sit down and someone will be with you". I explained we had been sitting fo about 15 minutes. He then reluctantly brought me a soda!

A very nice ship. Loved the big screen over the pool. We even got to watch Monday Night Football on it!

Loved the balcony room! We had our morning coffee there every day.

Pros: The ship itself

Cons: The food, some of the staff

Recommends Emerald Princess? No.