Emerald Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Thanksgiving Cruise 2007

Sail Date: November 01, 2007

Room Type: Suite

It was very big and took us longer than usual to find our way around the ship.

Pros: Movies Under the Stars

Cons: Buffet Food

Recommends Emerald Princess? No.

We don't enjoy ship restaurants so either had buffet or room service. At buffet, the plates were hot but hot food was either luke-warm or cool and cold food was cool. Since I'm mainly a vegetarian, my choices were very limited (mainly ate salads). Some of the salad items were very hard to reach and not lots of choices. Only had free ice cream once/day, at 3:30 to 4:30 PM, which we had to find out about ourselves and then there were only 2 choices. Ship info book said there was soft serve ice cream by pizzeria but failed to mention there was a fee. Only 3 to 4 flavors of yogurt and no low-fat or non-fat. They have free coffee, tea, whole or skim white milk, and water. If you want a soft drink, they only have 3 or 4 Coke products & no Dr. Pepper. Desserts and fruits were the best things I ate. This was the most disappointing ship buffet I've encountered.
Only a couple friendly or helpful - most were rude.
It was new and clean but some of ship signage not very clear/helpful.
Plenty of storage which was unexpected. Had a nice size balcony but only because of where our suite was located on the ship. Having 2 TVs was nice but you really couldn't hear a program unless you were both watching the same thing. Bathroom was very small. Room stewart nice but out of a 10 night cruise, I only got 2 towel animals so was disappointed. I wish the first-run movies on the TV had been repeated continuously for 12 or 24 hours so I could have seen a complete one instead of bit and pieces of several movies.
Since my husband goes to bed early, it was nice being able to go to a show with him because they had a couple of shows in the late afternoon. Enjoyed music, etc by the pools.