Entertainment great, too many lines

Disney Wonder Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Disney Wonder

7 Night Bahamas (Galveston Roundtrip)

Sail date: November 18, 2016

Ship: Disney Wonder

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 7102

Traveled as: Family (young children)

Review summary

Disney Wonder has delicious food, fantastic entertainment and friendly staff. There are just two incidents that kept me from reviewing the trip higher. One is that there was a lot of waiting. At certain times there were long lines at breakfast lasting about 20 minutes or so. For popular activities, we waited in many lines. For our excursions, two out of three times, we waited in lines more than an hour late for our excursion to depart. Families do not like lines, so that could be improved upon.
I also want to make a note of how my son's retractable light saber was taken from us at the port as a prohibited item and my stateroom was taken, yet three days later, I see other kids have the exact same item and said they bought it on the ship. So basically, I started the cruise with a crying child whose toy should not have been taken at all. If an item is prohibited it should not be sold by Disney on board.

I would return on this cruise some time in the future.

Ship experiences

Ports of call

Galveston, Texas

Key West, Florida

Castaway Cay (Disney Private Island)