Disney Wonder Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Second Mate

Very Nice Cruise

Sail Date: December 14, 2013

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was our first cruise, so we thought we'd do it in style with the most talked about, Disney Cruise.  It was very nice I must say, but I will say that the Wonder is in dire need of some updates.  The Wonder is one of the older ships, and to be honest it shows.  We were on the 2nd floor, mid-ship, which was a very good location for first time cruisers I might add.  One thing I must note is that our cabin had the smell of urine and just sort of a stale smell from the moment I walked in.  There were also lots of things on the walls that needed cleaning, but again, the Wonder is an old ship, and it is my understanding that she will be out for cleaning here in a few weeks. Disney's service came through as our hostess was on top of everything from the moment I mentioned the smell to her.  She did everything from mop, wipe, shampoo carpet, change linens and mattresses, etc.  She even gave us so many nice things for our inconvenience.  The size of our room was excellent.  We had the Deluxe inside stateroom with a large port hole window, and it really was nice to be able to look out and see some sunshine every morning.

My 8-year old daughter loved is so much she cried the day we had to get off!  She didn't really like to Oceeneers Lab on this ship, but did love the Club.  So much we had to drag her out most days.

The access to the characters was just awesome!  I mean you couldn't ask for anything more.  They were always walking around, or taking photos, and the lines were there, but not unbearable at all.  The cast members were so sweet and just awesome people anytime they saw the kids they came up to them, they were just awesome!

The only downside I had was that I didn't feel there was too much for me to do.  I'm in my mid-late 30's and my husband is in his mid-late 40s.  My mom who is in her late 50's tagged along as well.  The movies and shows were great, but it seemed something was missing.  I'm not sure what, but at times I was a little bored on the sea days.  None the less, I loved it and I'm looking forward to celebrating my birthday in 2014 on one of the ships.  Ohh my 20 year old was there as well and felt she always had something to do, as well as my 11 year old cousin who we could never find for dinner!  She loved, loved, loved the activities for her age and she loved her counselors.

All in all, Disney is truly a great family cruise vacation.

1 Comment