Disney Wonder Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Beware when you book a cruise with Disney!!!!

Sail Date: August 04, 2013

Approximately 13 months ago I booked a 4 night Disney cruise for my family for a surprise Christmas gift. I secured 3 cabins(one inside and 2 outside) and paid almost $9000. Three months before sale date, I noted that the balcony cabins price had dropped to $980 per person which was cheaper than the inside and outside cabins I booked 13 months ago.

I discussed at length with 2 supervisors in guest relations this situation and was told that this is a restricted offer and only for new customers. Stacy and RK both state they only enforce the policy outlined by Disney Cruises and they have no ability to negotiate, compromise or work with me on this problem. Stacy actually stated it was time I move forward with this decision as this is a final decision. This comment was also supported by RK on my call 6/8/13 at 7pm. I spoke to Stacy on 6/11/13.

I have requested numerous times my concerns be elevated to their managers and have been told over and over they have no managers; as this decision is final and I have no other recourse, but to move forward. I was told that there would be no additional conversations regarding the new price reduction; conversation done!!

I struggled with this decision as my earlier trips on Disney properties were filled with wonderful memories and outstanding customer service. I understand and respect this this is their mission statement. Excellent customer service.

RK and Stacy both were very professional and their messages were concise. They could not do anything to help me; their role was to communicate this per Disney's policy. My option was to move forward as this decision was final.

I remained hopeful that a solution could be worked out to support my 13 month commitment to Disney and that I could be moved to the balcony cabin, After all this is what is being offered to new passengers 50 days before the Dream sails. I believe in Disney and the reputation for acting with honesty, empathy, dedication and doing the right thing.

However, they stood by their decision that they would not allow any compensation for my early booking and commitment 13 months prior to sailing. However, stepped up and provided a $75 shipboard credit after their efforts on my behalf was exhausted. So, if you book early and prices drop(under restricted rates) Disney will not honor new prices posted!

1 Comment