Disney Wonder Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A bit disappointed for the money spent

Sail Date: September 01, 2007

Traveled As: Family w/young children

One of the most beautiful ships at sea in my opinion, clean and classy, but overall experience was a dissappointment. Cruised with RCL and Celebrity before and this trip did not come close to the level of service on Celebrity. Dining was the most disappointing, although our waitstaff was terrific and attentive. The three dining rooms were over-rated pre-cruise I guess. My expectations were higher. The food was good at best, but not memorable. As far as the children's programs, the pagers were great, every ship should have them for the adults. Ports: Note to Disney - skip the Nassau stop, it doesn't flatter the ship and its standards. Atlantis visit was dirty and unkept in places as was alot of the city. Castaway Cay was pretty, except for the jellyfish! Constant announcements on the beach of people needing EMT's from jellyfish stings. Also, felt like I was with a mass of people packed on the family beach....the chairs were so close, you could hardly get a clean view of the water. All said, service was nice, but not as nice as expected for the price. Would I go again? Probably not. Sorry Disney, but you could do better.

Pros: Beautiful ship on the outside, clean, children's programs were good

Cons: Food and dining was banquet quality and rushed

Recommends Disney Wonder? No.