Disney Wonder Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Awesome cruise

Sail Date: December 28, 2006

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was such an excellent experience of a cruise. This was the first for myself and my son. I cant wait to go again. There was so much to do that there just wasn't enough time to get it all in. The parties were great too with the characters and fun and dancing each night. The fireworks did top it off. The best thing for kids is the oceaneer club and lab. My son didn't want to leave and there was always something exciting going on there. I highly recommend the ship. I just thought that 3 days was too short. I cant wait to sail for a week.

Pros: the over abundance of activities to do

Cons: dinner took about 1 1/2 hours

Recommends Disney Wonder? Yes!

We got lost a few times, but there are signs all over to help you find your destination. If not there's plenty of crew members wondering around and always willing to help you. The ship was very very clean and the layout was very easy to follow.
I can say enough about the cleanliness of the stateroom. I believe they came in 3 times a day to straighten and do things to the room. I felt that it was a bit small, but we didn't spend much time in there anyhow.
The food was excellent. The only problem that we have was that dinner took about 1 1/2 hours to finish from the appetizer to dessert, but the food was delicious. There was always the option to eat at one of the faster areas like Pinnichios, Goofy's, etc. We loved that breakfast was buffet and so was lunch so that you could come and go as your schedule permitted. Dining each evening was in a different restaurant and that was nice to see differnt places with different menus.
The friendliness of the staff was way more than I expected. Whenever you saw one in the hall or anywhere they always said hi to you. If you had a queston about something they were always very helpful to give you an answer. They always had a smile on their faces also.
The was so much to do that you just couldn't do it all. The shows every night before dinner was fun and relaxing. There were parties also to get started with the cruise and a Pirates of the Carribean party too. It was great to see all the characters on stage too. I loved the friendliness of the characters and willingness to take so many pictures with all the children AND adults.
The oceaneer club was so great with how it was run. My son loved it. He actually didn't even want to go to dinner one night so that he could stay and do things. There was always something on the schedule for the children to do whether it be oceaneer or seeing the characters. I really liked having a pager when my son was in the lab. They were great. I was really impressed when they paged me to say "B is onboard" about 15 mins. before the ship was sailing out. The staff was also overly friendly.
Castaway Cay (Disney Private Island)
The BBQ was great. My son and boyfriend went parasailing and they had a blast. They only wished that it was much more than 5 mins long. My son also loved being able to see the Pirates ship and having his picture taken with Jack Sparrow.
We loved taking the horse and buggy ride around the town. The gentleman that took us was so funny. All of the Bahamians were very friendly. It didn't really bother me, but every lady we walked by kept asking to braid my hair. I guess I was a good target with waist length hair. lol We went on the glass bottom boat and were a little disappointed that it was only 6 windows in the bottom of the boat and we were only down there for 15 mins, but it was fun to watch the fish.