Disney Wonder Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Awesome First Cruise Experience

Sail Date: August 03, 2006

Didn't realize we could have ice provided by the stateroom host until 2nd day for the stateroom cooler.

Pros: Disney attention to all the details is phenominal

Cons: Getting up at 6 am the last day.

Loved the beeper and text message option. My daughter could check herself in and out (with my prior approval) and message me where she was going. She particularly enjoyed the free time in lab.
Everything was spotless everywhere and as only disney would have it, appearance that everything is freshly painted.
Dining at Palo for extra $10 is incredible. If not for the fact that I couldn't include my daughter, I would have had every meal there. The food was exquisite! Kids dinner menu was the same every day, which my daughter found disappointing.
The family veranda stateroom midship on the 8th floor gives incredible access to everything, without constantly waiting for an elevator.
Everyone is constantly falling all over each other trying to "make your day!"
Activity options for the kids are incredible. The spa is top of the line. Loved the pirate party on Friday night!
Castaway Cay (Disney Private Island)
Can't believe the pirate ship is here. Snorkeling was disappointing. The man-made reef structures have not had time to grow much coral yet. Saw some hogfish and alot of grunts. Wish I had brought my flippers - its a bit of a swim all the way out. They were available to rent. Ask what the buoy markers are for before you head out.
Don't Miss: Fresh fruit and ribs were terrrific.
Have been to Nassau several times before. You should experience the straw market but I found prices much cheaper in the air conditioned stores on the main street.