Disney Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Will not recommend to others or return

Sail Date: July 20, 2012

I was appauled by the pool area. Out of four pools, one was shut down for some time, another was open only to staff members, and the worst was watching a man give himself a pedicure in the kiddy pool while children played in the water. Secondly, some of the staff were very pushy about tipping and I consistently tip well being from NYC (20%). However, pushy tipping reminders for lousy sevice are not appropriate.

Pros: quiet room

Cons: dirty pool area\, buffet offered same foods\, one pool remained closed the entire time because it was reserved for staff only. I witnessed a man shaving the soles of his feet into the kiddy pool while children were swimming.

Recommends Disney Magic? No.

Ship is quite small and seems run down. The photos are not in line with the ships actual appearance.
Buffet was redundant. Meals were generally good at the restaurant. I purchased three premium wines and the waitress served it to another adult at my table which was careless. I offered on glass the first day and before I knew it\, she was sharing my bottles consistently. I didn't dare make a big deal about it but I spent close to $200.
Bed was uncomfortable and there was a fly in my room. Tub didn't not drain water easily.
Other than the \"broadway like\" performances there was nothing to do on the ship.