Disney Magic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Double Dip Cruise

Sail Date: October 14, 2006

Traveled As: Family w/young children

We had a great time. Not a huge fan of Costa Maya, I do not know what the draw is. We went to the spa was fun; I had my first and probably last facial. My wife will be back. I enjoyed spending my time in the sports bar. This is a great vacation for families with children. It is worth the money and it is MUCH more relaxing than the whole Disney World thing. If you or your children get tired, you go to your cabin or the pool and relax.

Pros: Castaway Cay Twice

Cons: Costa Maya

Recommends Disney Magic? Yes!

We had a category 12 room,. It was clean and adequate, however the bathroom had rust stains that made it a little run down.
In my opinion this is the best part of the cruise, the staff not only caters to to the children but the adults as well. The children also receive outstanding service.
There are a lot of activities for adults. We went on a galley tour on ship, that was a blast. We also attended a couple of awesome cooking classes.
It's Disney!!! However children over 13 may get tired over the whole Disney theme.
The food is great. I rated it a little lower because it is not to my tasting. I can not eat fish due to allegies and I felt that my choices were somewhat limited.
The Mickey Mouse pool was my six-year olds favorite.
Castaway Cay (Disney Private Island)
Snorkeling and Biking
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Nothing reallty there. Young Children are not recommended on the ruins.
Still a tourist trap.