Disney Fantasy Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Second Mate

Great Vacation

Sail Date: October 24, 2015

Great trip with family and extended family-there were 11 total in our party with kids ranging in age from 7-13.  The younger kids loved the kids club while the older kids preferred to do their own thing around the ship.  There was still plenty for them to do to keep them safe and out of trouble.  Food was great overall and service was impeccable.  I was amazed that our dining staff even cut our children's meat (it was Soooo nice that I did not have to do it) and they were very intuitive for what we liked and what might be the most favorable off the menu for my father in law to order for dinner based on his tastes and personality.  We noticed the crew smiling, communicating and helping out each other.  The ship was clean and the rooms were still cruise ship small; however, the design made it comfortable for our family of five.  There were never any issues with any of the kids having to share a bed due to the genius bunks that came out of the wall and from the ceiling.  Also loved the two bathrooms and that the queen bed was high enough to store suitcases under.  We only made it to the adult-only areas a few times but they were large and much quieter.  The family decks and pools were always very crowded and loud with all of the activity and the constant entertainment on the big screen.  I can say that we did not use the pools much (our kids did) because they were so crowded, wish they were larger for this reason.  The water slide was fun for everyone in our party...even the grandparents.   The Italian specialty restaurant was one of the best meals I have ever had.  While the staff was still friendly overall, we found the hostess to be the least friendly on the ship.  The cigar area was great and located on the back of the ship.  There is a nice outdoor area with comfortable seating and great service which provided still a great atmosphere for those of us who were not smoking.  Beware that they will sell cigars at the bar but not provide any way to light them per their policies.  My husband had to bum a light.

Balcony cabin for 5 was efficient and comfortable. Plenty of room for all of us plus 5 suitcases worth of clothes and gear. It was also very clean.
Embarkation was quick. Disembarkation and customs took longer and might be better if times were staggered to disembark.
Loved the cleanliness and design of the rooms (see above).
Loved Castaway Key, wish we had more time. St. Thomas and our snorkeling trip was a lot of fun on the pirate ship. It was also a convenient departure point right at the pier. Not impressed with St. Martin and would not go back.
My 7 and 9 year olds spent the most time in the kids clubs. Staff was great and there was a lot to do. Love the awesome mandatory hand washing stations.
Some of the best service I have ever encountered.
Great service and food quality. There was only one night that I did not absolutely love my meal, but it had more to do with my tastes than the quality of the food. It was still good. Breakfast on the last morning was weak but gave our kids enough to keep them going during disembarkation. Really loved that coffee, tea and sodas were readily available at self serve stations. I know Disney costs more and they should be included, but it was a great touch and made life easier with kids. The anytime snacks on deck (fresh fruit, pizza, burgers, fries) was good quality and always seemed fresh.
Port Canaveral, Florida
We arrived in Orlando on Thursday night and went to Kennedy Space Center on Friday. It was one of the best parts of the trip.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Not very clean, a lot of panhandlers, even on the Disney sponsored beach day.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Great time snorkeling to see the turtles. Would like to see more of St. Thomas in the future.
Castaway Cay (Disney Private Island)
Did the package (snorkeling, bike, stingray, floats). Might to a la carte next time as my kids did not want to snorkel or leave the water to use the bikes. Floats were a hit and we had plenty to share with the others in our party.

A great experience-one of the best ways to vacation with kids.