Disney Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Disney Rocks, Doesn't

Sail Date: November 20, 2015

Disney gets an A+ as always. We went with our granddaughter twice before and this time was just the two of us for 30th anniversary. Dinner at Remy was the best we've ever had.

But this review is more about . The two previous cruises we booked directly with Disney and there were absolutely not hitches at all. I booked on line, everything was crystal clear, and I made no follow up calls. United was hiccup after hiccup. One of the cool things about Disney at MCO (Orlando) is that they offer ground transportation and baggage handling. For a modest fee, you check your bags at home airport, go straight from the plane to the Disney bus, get on the ship, and your bags show up at your stateroom. When I booked at United, nothing was said  about  this service. I called Disney later and they said the ground transport option has to be booked through our agent (United). Back to United, the agent said yes, that's correct, I can book it for you. So why didn't you make that clear when I booked in the first place? That's our policy. Are you kidding me?

With that snafu fixed, I wait for the mail. And wait. And wait. Previously, we received a package of information with everything documented (including our luggage tags!) Finally tired of waiting, I call Disney. Yes indeed, we mailed that package three weeks ago! It didn't arrive? Let me check your address. Ah! Your agent (United) is supposed to provide shipping information for the package. If  they don't  we ship it to them and they forward it to you.

Back to United. Where's my package? Uh, you think we have it? Yes! Uh, we'll check and get back to you. Two days later-- Uh, sir, yes we have the package. We'll forward it to you and we won't even charge you for it! So why didn't you give Disney our shipping address in the first place? Uh, I don't know. And why didn't you forward the package immediately when you got it? Uh, I don't know.

Bottom line, if you want to save a little money, go ahead and book with . But caveat emptor. Be prepared for hassles and follow up with everything!

Disney cruise 1 -- 0 phone calls, 0 stress