Disney Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

First Family Vacation

Sail Date: November 02, 2015

Farming Family of 5 (2 adults and 3 children 16, 13, and 12). Paid for and planned trip for 2 years.  I've traveled with just the kids before and cruised with one at a time but this is the first trip with kids and husband who has never vacationed ever in his 36 years.   I personally thought my kids were too old for Disney but they saw the ship and begged it to be that one.  So we booked 2 Aft cabins 1 inside 7689 and the balcony next door 7690.  Booked the cruise online  and paid on it until it was paid off and booked the flights and hotel separately on our own.  We flew into orlando the day before the cruise to be safe incase of any travel delays.  Used a private transfer company from the airport to the Radisson at the port.  I would have preferred to stay at a resort on the beach but the Radisson gave me a great rate that was half the price of the beach resort and I've stayed at the Radisson before so I liked the familiarity of the resort.  Their ship transfers are nice as well.  Disney embarkation was very smooth and quick, everyone inside the terminal was friendly and smiling.  The Disney Ship was beautiful inside and out and all the crew was very friendly and helpful.  I used the Disney Cruise APP a lot during the cruise to check entertainment, dining hours and menus, and to chat with the 16 year old.  I also pre puchased the photo package before we sailed and that was a great benefit and I would do again and recommend. So many photo opportunities.  I loved the main dining menu selection but was disappointed to learn that cabanas buffet was not open for dinner. Room service was good though.  We enjoyed the 3D theatre to watch a movie on Sea Day and played the Midship Detective game with the kids.  I will be honest and say traveling with a family of 5 it is difficult to keep Everyone happy and entertained.  We loved our stop in Nassau and spent the day at the Atlantis which was probably the best money spent and I can say Everyone was happy at Atlantis the whole day which makes mom happy.  Lots of memories created at the Atlantis.

So thankful to have found bahamasdaypass dot com to save us money for us to get to do the Atlantis. This was the highlight of our cruise where EVERYONE was happy for the day.
My 12 year old was able to spend time in the Oceaneer lab but it was for ages 3-12 so she didn't enjoy all the younger children and she only spent 2 hours attending the science and cooking programs. The 13 year old club was just video games that he said he could do at home so the 12 and 13 year old hung out with mom and dad so we were too busy keeping them happy and entertained to really enjoy the adult activities. The 16 year old seemed to have a good time and made friends but when asked she said she had a more fun time on Carnival cruise. We did love the Fish Extender gift exchange that you can sign up on disboards or FB roll calls I would highly recommend doing that.
We enjoyed the 3D movie theatre but us farmers would never stay awake late enough to enjoy the real night life where they had MANY activities planned for all age groups until 1-2am
All the Crew was great and work so hard all day. Extra tips at the end of the cruise for them.
I recommend going to the dining room for breakfast, Cabanas can honestly get crowded and annoying.
Port Canaveral, Florida
Bahamasdaypass is a life saver and I will recommend them to everyone I know that is sailing to Nassau. We saved almost $300 for our family of 5 to spend the day at the Atlantis. This was the best day on our vacation!
Castaway Cay (Disney Private Island)