Disney Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Disappointed!

Sail Date: December 01, 2013

Been on 3 Disney Cruises, this one seemed unorganized. My daughter also a 3x cruiser & I took this cruise as a get-a-way from the family. I am 75 and handicapped. I asked for a handicap room with balcony as always. I requested it and explained I had a scooter.  Couldn't even get my scooter in the room. Bathrooms were very little and the step up and also step in the shower/tub was way too high for me.  On Castaway Island there was all shredded clear plastic along the coastline on the adult beach. They knew we were coming why couldn't that have been cleared away? Never seen anything like that before I got tangled in it and a fine gentleman and his wife seen me struggling so much he had to come help me out of the water. I would go on the Magic again, but not the Dream and the Fantasy ship for the extra money does not interest me. I have traveled the Royal Carb. and Norweign lines before, but always fall back to the Disneyline til now. The food was tastey, but not a big selection as the other cruises we took. This cruise was not at all for a disabled, older person. The seams connecting the floor across the doorways kept catching the undercarriage of my scooter. I've had trouble since. I had to be pushed over each one. Not always does the helpers push the back on the scooter, but my back and was I sore, and shoulders. It was an awful price for parking, handicap $95 at Miami the handicap parking is free. On 3 Cruises my daughter & I never got to a Captain's Dinner. The return Cruisers get a gift, sorry, but a back pack is not for my age.

disappointed
too small a selection
no room for a disabled person.
very friendly and tried to help
not for me, missed the late movie on top deck.
Children's Programs none with me.
not much of a choice.
not for me. Didn't leave the ship. $50 for 2 for a cab was not in my budget.
Port Canaveral, Florida
Too expensive to park for handicap.
didn't leave the ship, too inconvienient
Castaway Cay (Disney Private Island)
Did appreciate the shredded plastic on the water line, on adult beach.

It was too inconvenient to do much with my scooter getting caught in the grooves going threw the doorways. wasn't that organized. Even my neighbors which reserved the whole one level on a different date for a family reunion. They just came back from a B-Day Cruise on another line this time and said