Disney Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Third Mate

The Kids Feel Like Stars!

Sail Date: April 11, 2013

Traveled As: Family w/young children

From the moment they step on the kids feel so important as they announce your family's arrival onto the ship in the lovely entry way. The opening lunch is good with shell fish on the buffet and the pools are all open. So make sure that the kids have their suits on under there clothes as the rooms are not open until after 1PM. The slides are open as well as well as the Aqua Duck, the coaster. The kids will really enjoy that. The food was average in comparison to other cruises I have been on. But I doubt your kids will notice. Even the catsup is in the form of Mickey ears. The Navigator (the daily bulletin ) does a great job of letting you know about the events of the day ( you will have a great deal to choose from. even BINGO was FUN and full of all ages) including where all the characters are going to be for the day. The lines are long. BUT, the characters make your child feel like they are the only child on the boat when they get to them. And when they see them over and over again they remember them. They spend time with them. My kids got a bit bored in the Castaway Club/Lab and it was only a 4 day cruise they did prefer it to sitting still at the dinner table). So I did not get to relax as much as I would have liked to. The staff did provide a nice service. They came to each dinner spot about an hour or so after it started and took them down to the the Club/ Lab for you. The Disney owned island was well done. The kids and I loved that better than Nassau. Some not so great, was that the complimentary sodas and teas were not so with room service. So, if you have to walk to get that stuff you might as well go and get the food as well. And bottled water is not complimentary and is not in a package that is offered so that you can get it at the bar. It is delivered in a case to your room. So if you want a bottle you have to bring all you want with you or walk back to your room or I guess pay for another bottle from the bar. That is not so convenient. The gym was VERY small. I would say too small for a vessel of with so many passengers. But the trainers were friendly to every one. Not just the ladies taking the classes. So all in all, it was a great experience.
Port Canaveral, Florida
Tour guide great but the town not as friendly and we had hoped.
Castaway Cay (Disney Private Island)