Disney Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Awesome Disney Cruise!

Sail Date: June 01, 2012

My wife and I chose to spend our honeymoon on the Disney Dream and it was a spectacular way to end the busy week of intense wedding stress! We were immediately impressed at the attention to detail in all aspects of the ship's design when we boarded. Soon afterwards we were continually impressed with how friendly and welcoming the staff was. We can't recall a time when an employee would walk past us without smiling and saying hello; they were all so attentive.

The entertainment and large selection of activities also kept us (happily) busy. We especially loved the Disney Broadway-like productions. We enjoy Broadway plays and we were treated to 3 that creatively combined many of Disney's most popular stories. The private island was also great. We liked the fact that it was exclusive to the Disney cruises and we didn't need to worry about carrying our passports and cash.

In general, I'm sure you can find a cheaper cruise, but there's no comparison to the quality of our vacation. Since we're only going to have one honeymoon, we are glad we chose to do it with Disney.

Pros: Disney's superb staff and attention to detail

Cons: Bahamas port

Recommends Disney Dream? Yes!

The Disney Dream was massive! We recall being docked beside another cruiseline and looking down on their top deck from our 11th deck (there were 14 total!)! Whenever we walked outside, we always saw maintenance personnel cleaning, painting and just keeping the ship looking immaculate. We took this for granted while at sea, but you can tell the difference when looking at other cruise ships at the ports.
We enjoyed the dining selection and flexibility of eating at different restaurants. There was almost every cuisine we could think about or want and we never got tired of the food selection because there was so much variety.
We chose a stateroom with a balcony. Initially, I was warned that I had a balcony with a "partial view". I was concerned that it would take away from the view, but it turns out that it was just a rounded corner rather than a completely open view; we didn't even notice it! We like the separation of bathroom and showers and abundant drawer space for clothing. The bed is also raised for a nice out-of-sight storage for your luggage. There were also plenty of hangars which was great.
By far the friendliest staff we've encountered (and we travel often). We've been to 5-star hotels, restaurants, resorts, etc. and no service has been better than our Disney Dream ship staff. I've mentioned it earlier that we actually can't recall a time when an employee would walk past us without smiling and saying hello; they were all so attentive. All staff was great, but our stateroom host (Pong - Yuthapong Arsanok) and assistant server (Surya Negara) went above and beyond their duties by going out of their way to make our stay great everyday. They were filled with personality and humor. If there are positions for promotions these 2 individuals would be your role models for the training of new staff members (I cannot stress this enough!).
The Broadway-like productions were phenomenal! My wife and I are Broadway show fans and the productions were cleverly done in how they were able to integrate so many Disney stories into 3 different productions.

The personal navigators we received nightly for the next days agenda were great. We relied on this to plan our day's events. We knew when and where all activities would be.