Disney Dream Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Excellent value!!!

Sail Date: February 16, 2012

Traveled As: Family w/young children

The Dream is a georgous ship and meets every travel need. The rooms were much larger than i expected, offered plenty of storage room. The food and service were excellent. All of the shows and activities for the kids represented the best of Disney. I personally enjoyed having my evenings planned and my days free to do as i pleased.

Pros: Everything is included...no worries about what to do or where to go

Cons: limited swimming room for the kids

Recommends Disney Dream? Yes!

Everything on this ship is clean, neat, stylish and beautiful. Locating specific sections on the ship were challenging due to limited signage; however, Disney often placed cast members in the hall as guides to remedy this problem.
I enjoyed trying new foods and old foods in new ways. The service is remarkable. If you needed something different or had questions, the staff was ready to make it happen for you. If you like HOT food, know that in this situation, it's a challenge due to the distance from the source to your table. But the food was always good and cooked properly.
It's Disney...the cast members make you feel like you are their only concern....our waiters had our favorite drinks ready for dinner. The castmember in charge of our room was so pleasant.....the counselors for the kids club were amazing.
We were located on Deck 5 port side with a verandah. There was so much storage space! Loved the split bathroom, ingenious! Bed was comfortable. The towel animals made by the cast members entertained the kids every night. Of course the room was clean, well maintained and anything we needed but did not have was only a phone call away.
The on-board shows--top notch! The kids club was perfect for our girls (ages 4 and 7)... sometimes the navigator was hard to follow because there was SO MUCH to do...but honestly, i cannot say that anyone was ever bored!
I loved that the kids activities were marked so you knew if they would be "active" or "art" or a group game. It helped us to decide what the kids would enjoy most. I also appreciated knowing that the girls were under no pressure to participate, each "station" in the kids' club had a counselor and if they didn't want to join the main activity, there were other options. I think Super Sloppy Science was a favorite for my oldest. Older kids could sign themselves in, and with the wave phone, you will be notified by a cast member if your child needs you. They are well-staffed and open for all the "active" hours on the ship.