A beautiful picturesque cruise!!!

Diamond Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Voyage Of The Glaciers Northbound (Vancouver To Whittier)
Sail Date: September 01, 2012
Ship: Diamond Princess
Overall the ship was ok. The ship seemed to be old but it is very well maintained. Every area was kept clean and polished.

The dinig times and ambiance was good\, but the food quality was disappointing. The expectation is that food on a cruise is a level above average restaurants\, but the food on this cruise would just match your average restaurant at home.

I did not go to all the shows\, but the ones I attended were good. I really liked the variety in music from classical to jazz to show tunes in various places on the cruise ship.

Staff was helpful and did their jobs well. We did not experience the \"above and beyond\"\, but that may have been because we did not require that kind of service.

The decor was old fashioned but very well maintained. All areas were set up to be exclusive and perfect for the guests. All staff were very kind and supportive to the guests.

Our stateroom was a good size with all necessary amenities. The bed was really comfortable and there was enough room to walk around. The balcony was a good size and it was great to be able to walk a outside on the balcony. I looked at the inside rooms and I would always want a balcony room.

Pros: The beauty of Alaska was the best part of the cruise. The pictures that I have of the area\, the glaciers\, and even some wildlife are absolutely wonderful. You must go to actually experience the beauty.

Cons: The food was just average. We expected above average for the food.

Recommends Diamond Princess? Yes!