Dawn Princess Cruise Review to Mexico

A Not So Great Experience

Sail Date: October 01, 2007

Room Type: Suite

Yes the ship was beautiful and yes it did have sweeping vistas and ocean views. but I would not recommend it to anyone who is disabled or totally blind. First of all, the stateroom attendant was not much for small talk. he was very dry and just did what he had to do, but other than that, he did do a good job in cleaning the room. Second of all. Our waiter was very unfriendly he didn't even offer to help read the menu or to help cut up my meat, and we were yelled at for being late. They did not have braille or large print menus for us at all. We needed them with me being totally blind and my husband being partially sighted he can only read large print. I can't even believe they charge $ 1.50 for instant hot chocolate. Last of all, there was not a big selection on the room service menu. I can't even believe they charge for ice cream in the icecream parlor, and it is only chocolate, vanilla or strawberry. If you want free ice cream, you can get it at the buffet, and there it is only vanilla. I would not recommend this ship to anyone unless you like being nickeled and dimed to death. Even the fruit platters weren't all that great. I didn't really care for the 24 hour buffet, Yes they did have good food but I do not go on a ship just to eat. If I get hungry later, I can just order from room service. what is the use of having room service if you can't use it

Pros: The Soda cards were cheap my stateroom

Cons: the service, being nickeled and dimed to death, the dry stateroom attendant the unfriendly waiter, the shows, not a great selection on the room service menu Princess is just out to make money.

Recommends Dawn Princess? No.