Dawn Princess Cruise Review to Mexico

Fun Cruise but there's a glitch

Sail Date: December 01, 2007

My only complaint is with the way my lost luggage situation was handled. I took my luggage off the carousel at the San Diego airport and hand-delivered it to a Princess rep. with her red blazer and Princess clipboard. Since this was my 7th cruise, I had every faith things would be handled correctly. However, after we set sail, I was informed by the Purser's desk that an e-mail from the Holland America ship, Ryndam, alerted the Dawn Princess that they, by mistake, had my suitcase. I wouldn't have it in my possesion until Thursday when the bulk of my cruise was over since there was no other way to rendez-vous with the Ryndam prior. Needless to say, I was devastated not having swimwear, toiletries, cosmetics, and especially no fromal wear for New Year's Eve! After several inquiries, all I was granted was a measly $25 per day in shipboard credit to use in the ship's boutiques for replacement items. This amount in no way was sufficient. I , along with every passenger I relayed this story to, feel that I should have been compensated with a more generous amount. It was not MY fault the luggage was lost and yet I feel like I was punished for it! I had to refrain from enjoying the casino, spa, and any specialty restaurants on board, as well as limit my souvenir buying since the bulk of my money had to used for necessities like clothes and toiletries. If the saying, "Penny wise and pound foolish" holds true, then Princess lost me as a future customer for failing to be more considerate of my plight. I'd be curious to see how their competition would have handled this whole thing.

Pros: food, shows, restaurant service

Cons: customer service

Recommends Dawn Princess? Yes!