First Time Cruise

Dawn Princess Cruise Review to Mexico

7 Night Mexican Riviera (San Diego Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 07, 2007
Ship: Dawn Princess
Although I don't think we are the "cruising kind" we had a very nice time. This was a family vacation with our 4 grown daughters and us. A cruise was perfect for that type of vacation. There is somthing for everyone. The service was remarkable, and the food delicious! I would like to have had more information on the ports of call other than places to buy Jewelry. A decent map with points of interest for example. We didn't want to book shore excursions since there were 6 of us and we just wanted to kick around the different ports of call.
The main part of town is pretty far from the port. We hopped a local bus to go into town. That was pretty fun since it was mostly locals on the bus. Blue busses go into town, Green busses take you back to the port. I wish we had arranged for a jungle visit or tequila factory tour. We probably would have liked it better. Still pretty americanized in town.
The old part of Mazatlan was incredible. The food, the people and the arcitechture. This place made our trip! As mentioned we had 6 in our group so getting cabs proved to be problematic everywhere but here. Once we left the port area we were able to get rides very easily and cheaply. $1-$2 US per person. We were the only ones one the beach besides the lifeguard. Nobody was trying to sell us stuff.
I don't really see what the draw is here. the snorkeling was OK the water was nicer here than in the other ports of call we visited. Stuff seemed over priced and if I hear one more whistle.... Lovers beach is nice but pretty packed when 3 cruise ships are in port.

Pros: The food was wonderful. Good thing we dieted before the cruise. we re-gained every pound! The service was exatordinary.

Cons: Too many little kids in all the deeper pools.

Recommends Dawn Princess? Yes!