Dawn Princess Cruise Review to Mexico

Not as good as expected.

Sail Date: September 30, 2007

This was our first Princess cruise. We had only cruised Carnival before this. We went with Princess because we were told they cater to an older crowd - that the activities are geared more towards middle to late agers. They did have dance classes and a cooking demo, but other than that, the entertainment was typical. Overall, it wasn't worth the extra money. There were 3 dinners I couldn't even eat. They offer no beverages for free other than iced tea and water. Our bed was lop-sided and lumpy.

Pros: Anytime dining option.

Cons: The food was not very good.

Recommends Dawn Princess? No.

Other passengers who cruise Princess regularly said this particular ship was not up to par by comparison.
The staff was friendly. Service was typical of a cruise - nothing outstanding.
I did like the dance classes and cooking demo. Other than those two - the entertainment was typical.
I didn't find any of the meals to be our of the ordinary. There were several I couldn't eat, and I did break out in a rash from one of the seafood dishes.
The bed was lop-sided and lumpy. The stateroom was smaller than those on carnival.
Mazatlan, Mexico
It is a beautiful port. Fun to go exploring.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
It was also a fun port to go exploring. It's old and gritty and interesting.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
We opted for the Chile Reno snorkling. There were very few fish to see and no color in the reef nat all. The advertised appetisers and drinks but the appetisers were packaged cookies and chips and I got sick off of a couple sips of one of the drinks.