Princess is getting boring.

Crown Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Sail Date: December 01, 2013
Ship: Crown Princess
Princess is going downhill. All they preach on the loudspeakers anymore is that you should choose us again and again because of our safety record. Well\, that may be true but how about a little entertainment. I was on the Christmas cruise and it seemed like there was more to do for the teenagers than for the adults. Half the time the lounges had nothing going on. Heck\, the first night of the cruise there was no entertainment in the disco! There are no $5.00 slot machines on the Crown Princess. I was told that they pulled them all out. Everyone was losing this week. I guess they need more profitable machines to make their cut. They are going to discontinue the Aruba\, Curacao itinerary for the XMAS Cruise. That was another bummer because we like that itinerary. The food was mediocre at best. The ports of call were great\, Aruba and Curacao. I couldn't wait to get off this boring ship so I spent every hour I possibly could on land at the ports of call. I was always one of the first to get off the ship and last to get back on board.

Mediocre. I have had better prime rib at the Outback Steakhouse and better pasta at Olive Garden. We did have a very nice table however.

It you want Entertainment and Activities\, go on Carnival. Princess is following in the tradition of Holland America Line these days. BORING. On many nights\, lounges could be found empty with no entertainment at all. There was no passenger talent show\, a favorite of mine. There was no entertainment in the disco the first night\, although I have to admit the DJ was quite good when she was there for their limited hours. 10:30-2am or something like that.

Average to poor at best. Several staff complained to me that they were tired and not getting enough rest.

It needs some sprucing up. This ship is only 6 years old and it looks about 12 years old.

nothing in mini bar. You had to call room service

Pros: table at dinner

Cons: entertainment

Recommends Crown Princess? No.