Crown Princess Cruise Review to Mexico

So So Cruise

Sail Date: December 01, 2014

The ship is definitely ready to go into dry dock and be updated. The theater seats are worn. A false front on a door fell off a cooler in the Wheelhouse Bar. A ceiling panel in Skywalkers fell down and almost hit the bartender.
The staff is a mixed bag. My room steward\, Weny\, was good but not great. I would come back at night to find all the lights out but he did keep the room clean and he was pleasant. The staff at the Horizon buffet was slow and not very pleasant. I would have preferred to get my own coffee instead of waiting for them but there was no easy way to do that. The employee at the Pizza location was on the rude side but the lady at the Ice Cream parlor was very pleasant. Most of the dining room staff was extremely pleasant but several had sour looks that made me glad they weren't waiting on me. The Anytime Dining is a joke. You have to make reservations before 8:00 am and sit on the phone for a while to get through the busy signals if you want a table for two after 5:15 pm and before 7:30 pm. Anytime Dining should mean \"Anytime\". I heard a lot of complaints from other guests on this point.
My room was comfortable and clean but it was not the best cruise I've ever been on. The food was a mixed bag. My beef tenderloin was tough\, my onion soup was way too salty (and I'm not picky about salt) and my prime rib was awful. The lobster was good and most of the side dishes were excellent.
The ports are nothing exceptional and the time in Cabo San Lucas is way too short.

Pros: The staff in the Wheelhouse Bar

Cons: The staff on the Horizon Court deck

Recommends Crown Princess? No.