Crown Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruise attracts a diverse mix of clients

Sail Date: October 01, 2006

The ship was nice, new and beautiful. Atrium, very appealing. I especially enjoyed the entertainment, Surge the Brooklyn, NY comedian and the dancers. The cruise catered to a variety of interest well: Basketball shoot out competition, and water volly ball , tennis and table tennis. The recreation people were wonderful. The menu was exceptional. I try to keep Kosher and there was an array of fish entrees of every kind. Lake Victoria Perch (was a social crisis for me having view the documentary, Darwin's Nightmare) but it was good. There was also the Australian Burrendi, etc not just the run of the mill salmon and haddock. These all were prepared exceptionally well some appealing to the typical American pallat and others spicy appealling to the Caribbean taste. I loved the muslik for breakfast that was on menu once but the Matre' de (spelling) on special request had some a day later. The staff aim hard to please but mostly appear to be over worked and simply exhausted. They put up a good front but nothing can hide a refreshed look like having ample time to rest and refresh. The one draw back was the ethnic stratification of staff. Entertainment /Recreation was mainly European while most all those of color were service staff, waiters, roomservice etc. The entertainment /recreation crew visible, composed a small portion of the overall staff yet did not reflect proportionally the ethnic groups of the ships passengers.

I enjoyed the ease of embarking from Brooklyn, the various people from a vast social economic background that this cruise attracted. It is one of my most memorable getaways.

Pros: Variety of Fish entrees for keeping kosher

Cons: Having to pay extra for soda

Recommends Crown Princess? Yes!

Staff were very nice and tried hard. Not as polished as other cruises but more rest for them would help.
Our stateroom was clean and the down comforters and egyptian cotton sheets were great. I felt like I was home in my own bed.
Beautiful!!
Dining was great for me my husband felt it was mediocre for him. Anytime dining was an opportunity to meet many people. I loved it. Fish entrees were great and was a plus for helping me to keep Kosher.
Entertainment was wonderful and appealled to array of ages.