Our best cruise yet

Crown Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Sail Date: March 01, 2007
Ship: Crown Princess
Cabin Type: Suite
We were very impressed with the ship overall -- the ambiance, the cleanliness and of course it's size. It was very hard to believe that there were 3080 passengers on this ship. We never waited in line for anything -- food, shows, deck chairs or disembarking at the ports along the way. My husband and I opted for a very casual cruise and we found that with personal choice dining we could do that. We mostly ate at the Horizon Court or the Caribe Cafe and one night we went to the Crown Grill which was phenomenal. Services was also terrific. At Horizon and Caribe the staff was there to take your plate immediately. Tables were always clean and ready for the next person. Loved having an adult pool. We took advantage of that.

When it comes to food I am a fussy eater but taking advantage of the buffet I could always seem to find something for me. Dining times worked well for us. Since we had most of our evening meals in the Caribe Cafe I would have liked a bit more ambiance. My husband didn't seem to agree with me on that but there was just something not very exciting about it for me.

We were very low key concerning activities. You just can't do everything in a week. We took in the variety shows in the Princess theater, some shows in the Explorer. For some reason I wasn't overly excited about the variety shows. entertainers were good, as was the music but lacked oomph.
Tony Pace was excellent and I can't remember right now the name of the comedian the final night but he was excellent.
Shore excursions to me are expensive, time consuming and never what you expect them to be. they are always a let down. The Mangrove excursion was a real bore.

I found the staff extremely friendly. Always going out of their way to say hello or to help in any way. I commented many times, how can they be so pleasant day in and day out, week after week. Carrie our personal shopper was extremely helpful and very knowledgable and right on the mark.

Loved the ship, staff were very personable especially our cabin steward.

We had a mini-suite and it was perfect. The linens were wonderful, as well as the size of the bathroom and the tub. The closet space and the balcony were also terrific. I don't have anyting to add that would make it more enjoyable.

Pros: Our mini suite and balcony

Cons: The shows

Recommends Crown Princess? Yes!