Costa Mediterranea Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Not a four star experience!

Sail Date: March 01, 2007

The ship was clean and the layout was nice with a variety of different pools. The rooms were very small and the bathroom only had a shower stall. No toiletries were given (only on request) the shower gel was supposed to double as shampoo. Glad I was tipped off and brought my own. The nightly shows were awful. I've seen better high school productions. The food was average, expected better quality, more late night selections than pizza and hot dogs.

Pros: The size of the ship and the layout.

Cons: The food and nightly shows.

Recommends Costa Mediterranea? No.

This is the first cruise I have gone on that didn't offer lobster or filet on either of the gala nights. The dining room menu and the buffet were the same every night and the only late night snacks were hot dogs and pizza (four stars??)
The shows were awful. I've seen better high school productions.
Ship layout was nice, decorations were overly extravagant.
Had to request any toiletries, none were given and none were replaced when they ran out.
The staff was pleasant and always acknowleged you, but when you asked for something 90% of the time, you didn't get it because they didn't understand what you you were asking for.