Costa Magica Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Bravo for Costa

Sail Date: March 01, 2006

I worked for a cruise line for a year, and although they are CondeNast Traveller's number one luxury cruise line for the last 10 years, Costa Cruise Lines are in my opinion much more luxurious than my previous employers. The Costa Magica was absolutely phenomenal. I had low expectations before I boarded because I figured I had already seen the best in cruise ships. I was in awe from the moment I stepped aboard. Costa is beautifully decorated with an Italian flare. The colors are rich and decadent. Frescoes cover most public areas of the ship adding to the Italian/Mediterranean vibe. The spa and gym area were state of the art. The casino was gorgeous and housed many handcrafted Italian puppets encased in glass. It also included a glassed in area that viewed the teen dance floor so that I could enjoy slots and still spy on my teens down on the dance floor below. What an unforgettable experience.

Pros: Ports of call were fabulous

Cons: I had to leave the magica behind