Room theft and under cooked food - Costa was worst holiday ever

Costa Fascinosa Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

7 Night Summertime Fun (Barcelona Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 04, 2016
Ship: Costa Fascinosa

Although initially excited about our first Mediterranean cruise holiday with Costa our trip soon turned into a nightmare.

The first day we were told our door keys and suitcases will be deposited in the room and the room doors will be left open.

When we went down to our room our cases were there but only 1 key, but didn’t think anything of it. Later that night around 10pm we got a call and the person hung up when we answered it.

The next day I left my wallet out for a couple of hours while I went to dinner and when I returned our holiday money had been stolen.

When I reported this, the security staff went through our room, cases and all our personnel belongings, asking us for receipts for any purchases, my wife stood crying after our interrogation which lasted 2 hours due to their poor grasp of English.

After reviewing the door access logs we found someone had been sneaking into our room looking for something to steal each time we were out.

The Costa staff then said they would get back to us which they never did, when we chased them they just said they were looking into it, all the way up to the end of the holiday. They just couldn’t have cared less which makes me think this is a regular occurrence.

If we could have got a flight home from one of the ports mid holiday we would have.

When we got home we contacted Costa and got the same response, ‘looking into it’ then no reply.

On top of this breakfast had to be sent back every day as uncooked and every order to room was wrong due to poor English.

There are plenty of cruise lines to choose from, don’t waste your money and precious holiday time on Costa you’ll regret it !!!

Cabin was fine