This was our worst cruise ever

Costa Europa (RETIRED) 412 Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Helpful Vote: 1

10 Night Mediterranean (Savona Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 20, 2006
Ship: Costa Europa (RETIRED) 412
I don't think you'll want to print this review. My husband and I have been on 4 other cruises - 2 different cruise lines and this didn't even begin to compare. The breakfasts in the restaurant were basically the same as in the buffet, however the buffet served cold, hard pancakes and french toast. The dinners were inferior except for the Captains Gala on the next to the last night. The barbecue lunches had hamburger and hot dog buns that were totally dried out. Our cabin didn't have the airconditioner working and it was very hot and our table mates said the same thing about their cabin. The midnight buffet was really a laugh - pizza was the only item offered (that was a buffet?) and had crepes another evening. The lunch desserts were always the same and the ice cream was soft from a machine and was terrible. There was no disinfectant (I think that is what it was called) before entering the dining room, so if touching handrails before entering, one was subject to all kind of germs. My husband and I both came down with horrible colds the day before we disembarked as did a table mate. The cabin steward gave us more information about the various ports we visited than did the crew members that had that job. The two tours we took were very unorganized and we spent most of our time waiting around for the tour director and the buses. We are usually easy to please, but there was nothing about this cruise line to recommend.

As I mentioned before - just our dinner waiters and cabin steward went above and beyond. Very friendly and helpful

Capri was a waste of time - very unorganized and never did see any grottos.
Enjoyed the shops at the port
Very unorganized tour to accropolis - not sure when we passed the parthenon it was so quick.

Pros: our cabin steward and dinner waiters

Cons: everything