Costa Concordia (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

A horrible cruise

Sail Date: April 01, 2009

Room Type: Suite

This was our fourth cruise, unfortunately the entire experience was horrendous. The staff is uncooperative, they are not informed, they give you the wrong information to the simplest questions. We had booked two excursions prior to our cruise, we were told we get our tickets in our cabin, we kept waiting, the day of the excursion we still had no tickets. I kept going to the excursion desk and they kept telling me, you will get them soon. I had to ask for a manager, they kept me waiting and I told them i would noty leave until I had my tickets, I finally got them 30 minutes prior to the excursion. My husbands card would not open the cabin door after two days on the cruise, we went to the customer service desk to tell them and get a new card, they gave me another card with my name instead of my husband's, when I point this out they correct it and gave him a card, however when we are leaving the ship in one of the ports my card would not work, they had to call security, because the girl had voided my card. This happened again two days later. We had to turn in our passports and were told to go to the card room to pick them up because we would need them at the next port. We are all waiting at the card room at the time we were told and noone is coming with our passports, we had to go to customer service after waiting over half an hour, they showed up 40 minutes late with the passports, the same thing happened when we had to turn them in, they told me two different rooms and another person said they would not collect them until the next day, it took me over two hours to finally turn in our passports again. When we were getting off the ship they told us to pick up the passports at 9:30 AM they did not have them ready to be picked up until 10:30AM. Nothing worked as they said on the ship, it was the most disorganized disater I have ever experienced. They had schedules for different exercise classes, I would sign up for the class for a date and time, the class would be cancelled or the time changed without any notice. Our cabin was dusty and the bathroom would not be cleaned properly, we dropped a fruit in the bathroom, the next day the floor was never cleaned, it was still sticky, I had to tell them three times before it was cleaned. I will never go on anothe Costa cruise again.

Pros: Itinerary

Cons: The entire experience, the staff is rude, they are clueless.

Recommends Costa Concordia (RETIRED)? No.

The worse, uncooperatve, ill-informed, no customer service skills at all.
The ship is nice, but the constant smokong is horrible
We paid extra for the Spa dining room and this was worth it because dining room was loud and crowded. The buffet was terrible, they had pizza all the time and the other choices were scarce