Costa Atlantica Cruise Review

Overall, had a wonderful experience. Have previously sailed on Carnival, RCI and NCL. Embarkation was long, about 2 1/2 hours, but Costa said it was due to immigration services. After that, there were no other significant issues. I loved the food, especially the diversity ... Italian, French, German, American, etc. Every meal had the best Italian rolls with real butter and a cheese tray to match. The cabin steward and dining room service were excellent. Anything I asked for was quickly acquired (extra pillows, more ice, extra rolls, etc.). There were 5 of us, mom and dad (in there young 70's), my wife and I (40 something) and my teenage daughter (13). We all loved the Atlantica. The negatives were the embarkation, the entertainment, and the in-room TV. As much as I liked the idea of being on a European ship (with staff and food to match), I just couldn't get in to the nightly shows. My parents liked 3 of the 5 shows they watched. My daughter didn't like any (it's just not for kids). Costa did apologize for a satellite problem they were having with the TV, but I didn't understand why they could get a Italian and German channel, but only one or two American channels on the last few days of the cruise. As I read from other folks, the last night on the ship is toga night and is not to be missed. Just relax and put on your bed sheets (which they provide) and have a great time.