Coral Princess Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

panama - aruba

Sail Date: October 08, 2015

My first experience on a cruise, as my mother always wanted to go through the Panama Canal, so six of decided to take that trip with her.

The coral princess was great, but we were very disappointed with the arrival, no decorations, music drinks , or welcoming, we then went to or rooms, we had 5 adults in our fifties and my mother of 78, so we decided to have two rooms of 3, of which was known by the cruise line,  the rooms had 2 single beds and when we asked about the third person would sleep they told us there was a bunk that came from the ceiling of which was directly over one of the beds, and a small ladder to climb in and out of ,  we were disgusted that at no point we would told this, and this would only be suitable for a small child, when we complained the service was awful, and said they had no alternative, so we could either leave the ship of they had a disabled room but we had to pay a further $320 for,  we did pay it has didnt want to have further upset to our mother.

we also found the entertainment was very poor, only 2 resident bands - blue jade- awful, the worst i have seen, then a better band called Opus they played in different venues but not to the standard for a cruise, all the other activities held all only lasted 45 mins, so were really disappointed.

On a good note, Crooners bar, had a nice atmosphere the bar team were friendly and made us feel very welcome, also had a pianist 'Barty' he was 82yrs, and played the old tunes of which my mother liked and also the older generation

would do a cruise again, but not this one ..

wasnt happy with an overbed over me, or was my sister, so had to pay extra for another room, or asked to leave the ship ! terrible customer service from a lady called Marianne - shame as other team members were amazing,