Fantastic fjords

Sail date: August 04, 2018

Ship: Columbus

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 10161

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

I just wanted to tell you all about our recent CMV Columbus cruise to the Fjords. There were some who asked me to before I left on my hols. We used the car park. It was easy and efficient. We gave our luggage to the porters. Hopped on the bus. All very smooth. Embarkation was so quick they were running ahead of time so no waiting to be called. It was litteraly 10 mins in the queue. We went straight to our cabin to get rid of our hand luggage then go for some lunch. Our cases were there when we got back about an hour later. The cabin was very spacious for an inside cabin. We were cabin 10161. We had tea and coffee facilities we didn't use them but my daughter did a couple of times. We had our beds made to a double and a Pullman above for our daughter. Really was a really pleasent cabin. The food well where to start. It was over all fantastic. We didn't really enjoy the Greek night but that's personal choice. We only used the buffet for breakfast twice. Lunch twice. It was very difficult to get seated. So we ate most meals in the MDR. We had 1 poor breakfast experience in the MDR was on our 2nd day. But we spoke to one of the bosses and he was really happy we had made him aware and made sure the service was excellent after. After all we all have an off day. Our waiter Oliver was great. Myself and my daughter got birthday cakes and sung to. Embarrassing but very lovely. Bar staff over all were efficient. Some went out of their way to make your holiday. Theodora, she was amazing so happy and would always have time for a chat. Tamara was another favourite. 1 chap drinks waiter I sadly didn't catch his name last night gave me his own CMV pen as I admired it a couple of nights running in the theatre and the shop weren't selling them. Lounge entertainment was generally good. Only slight issue is it's the same songs sung every night especially in Connections. The nightly theatre shows were overall good. Didn't enjoy the ABBA but again personal choice. The Fjords were amazing breath taking. Favourite was Olden. Least favourite was Bergen but personal choice again. Now let's talk about multigenerational sailings. There are very few activities for children. This needs to be really remembered when booking. Older kids are fine as they can keep themselves entertained etc Younger children the parents must have struggled as it was very limited. So kids played chase etc and got noisy and some guest were upset. We had a young girl screaming through the quiz. The parents never thought of removing her from a situation she was clearly bored with. Which again upset quite a few passenger. Honestly yes it was really very loud. Especially when they come back the following day and she did exactly the same. So really don't expect much in activities as such. That's not a complaint from me as my daughter was very happy but she's older. The current cruise director Iain Bagshaw who will be on Columbus until February where he will then be joining the new CMV ship. Is a magician so did circus and magic activities with the children a couple of times. Last night's show in the Palladium was his magic show, very clever. Over all it was an amazing experience. We'd definitely use CMV again and definitely go on Columbus again 💕💕

Embarkation

Ship experiences

Ship tip

Sometimes aircon around the ship can get pretty chilly. Layers. Sometimes food is only warm.

Ports of call