An Accessiblity Nightmare

Celebrity Zenith Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

11 Night Ultimate Eastern Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 18, 2006
Ship: Celebrity Zenith
The lift for the pool was not fixed until 2 ays before our return to Tampa. None of the shore excursions were accessible if you couold not board a bus or small boat. The ship does not follow accessibility guidelines. There were too many doorways that were inaccessible without alot of manuvering. The showroom had accessible seating behing the seats, so that you were in the rear, sitting alone.

Served nothing rare or medium rare until we were out 4 days at sea. No shrimp, no smoked salmon

They tried to help, they brought a baby basin for me to wash in.

It's all about accessibility!

okay if there isn't an accessiblity issue
Was able to access the port and scootered around the main part of town
Was able to visit havensport mall
Could use my scooter into town with a protected walkway
The accessibility was good. Scootered around the close in downtown area

Pros: Everyone on the ship tried to make me as comfortable as possible. The food was great and the staff was terrific.

Cons: Though I told them I would have a problem with a high step in the cabin's bathroom, special needs from Celebrity said it was a little step. I could not use the bathroom n our cabin and was forced t use a public restroom that was accessibile 3 decks up. The lift for the pool was not fixed.

Recommends Celebrity Zenith? No.