Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Bermuda

Celebrity met most of my expectations

Sail Date: August 14, 2016

i was very impressed with the friendliness of the staff and their willingness to help in every situation. The food was excellent in the dining room and the buffet, and our dinner at the Tuscan Grill was stellar. The sommelier was knowledgeable but not pushy. They accommodated our large group (14), on a nightly basis with an early seating as we ranged in age from 2-69. And, they assured us that both tables would be ready for us each night. They were, and the waiters made sure that the food for the small children came out quickly, which enabled us to all be together almost every night.

The Canyon Ranch services were top shelf and, again, about excellent service with no pushiness to sell product. I took advantage of the in port reduction in price and was able to have 3 services. All were excellent. The pre-arranged schedule was disrupted at the last minute due to mandatory staff meetings, and they bent over backwards to make it up to me for my inconvenience.

The gym is state of the art and as much as I am far from being a gym rat, I looked forward to going each morning. They had lovely touches like big jugs of iced lemon water at the entrance and plenty of towels and disinfectant wipes. The feedback on the machines was great for knowing how many miles, at what speed, how many calories burned, etc..

My room was immaculate each day and the room attendants were always available to help. In fact, if they saw me coming towards the room, they would use their own keys and hold the door open for me. A small touch, but really appreciated as I was often juggling a water container in an effort to find my key card.

i have seen better shows on other ships but these shows were fine, just not GREAT. I was able to bring my 5 year old granddaughter to the magic show which I think, was the best show I saw. They did have at least 3 different shows during the week so you got a variety.

There was nothing for my 15 year old granddaughter to do. Apparently, the day camp ends at age 14 and the teen program started at age 16. The daily news bulletin did not include helpful info for the kiddies or teens. I also found the selection of classes or lectures lacking, compared to other cruise lines I have taken. Fortunately, she had a great time for the 3 days we were in Bermuda, with plenty of varied shore excursions and fun.

I don't think any vacation lasting a week can be perfect for all 14 people, but I think Celebrity did a good job, and I would cruise with them again. If you are looking for a party boat, with water slides, etc., the Summit is not the boat for you. Since I really dislike that crazy atmosphere, this was a good vessel for me, but it is a bit older and does not have that razzle-dazzle. I loved that there weren't constant appeals to buy drinks every time I set foot on the pool deck, as I have experienced on other ships. And perhaps, that is why I saw less crazy behavior, which was fine with me!Big Smile

Excellent care and cleanliness.