Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Enjoyable trip

Sail Date: October 18, 2015

The ship is a mid-sized ship.  Kept very clean and the service was excellent.  I just didn't find that the entertainment was that great.  Out of six shows, one was outstanding, two were pretty good and the others were simply something to do for the evening.  Dinner in the Cosmopolitan dining room was okay.  The wait staff was excellent and willing to go the extra mile, however, the food was adequate but nothing memorable.  There is always a standard salmon, chicken and steak on the menu which I actually found more tasty than the daily specials.  I didn't try the restaurants that charge a fee, although I did hear rave reviews about those.  Obviously, they save all the best for the fee restaurants and just average food in the all-inclusive.  In addition, unless you are a heavy drinker, don't bother with the drink package.  It gets very expensive (about $77 per day).  So unless you think you're going to drink that much, it's just not worth the expense.  As far as the excursions go, if you go to Tortola, I'd highly recommend the excursion to Virgin Gorda.  The beach there is amazing and if you choose to do the one that walks to The Baths, make sure you have water shoes or some type of rubber soled shoes to climb over the rocks.  Overall, I had a good time, although I must admit that Celebrity Summit would not be my first choice next time.

Cruise Photos