Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Bermuda

An exasperating cruise

Sail Date: May 01, 2015

First day we had water in our room and a mold smell. Opened balcony door and a whistle started\, in bathroom. Personnel came and closed door. Said carpet would be cleaned in morning. I could hardly breathe as I have an allergy to mold. Carpet cleaned\, smell lingered. Our room attendant had door opened to try to help. No whistle that night. Third day padding under carpet was removed and smell dissipated somewhat. Fifth day we were coming to room to get ready for dinner and there was 2 inches of water in hallway leaking under our door. Room was flooded. Had to pack everything to go to another room. Really awful. New room had water leak from air conditioner and carpet was very wet outside bathroom door. How happy do you think we were? If no room was available we would have had to stay in a soaking room. It was a special cruise for my birthday but it was ruined. I didn't even receive a birthday greeting from the ship. How nice is that?

Pros: Shows

Cons: Our room

Recommends Celebrity Summit? No.

I thought the entertainment was excellent.
No one went above and beyond. Of all my cruises\, the service on this ship was the worst. I felt as though they thought they were superior to us and showed it in every way. One waiter was funny but insulting at the same time. Our wine Stewart was probably the only person that was nice. Some waiters didn't understand English.
My comments above will state my case.
Food was just OK. Soups were not good. I am gluten free and no special attempt was made to help me. A waiter on the 10th floor almost ran me down and I had to jump out of his way. Very rude. A lot of the help was rude and inconsiderate. Lobster was mushy.