Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Bermuda

Second Mate

Good Cruise but could be Better with little effort.

Sail Date: July 19, 2015

I'll start by saying this is an old ship and in some areas show it's age.

The Good - Food was Very good even the everyday alternative was very good. The service was very good and he drink package was Excellent. Ship was very clean and the buffet had a lot of choices to choose from. The room steward did an Excellent job cleaning the room leaving treats and making those towel animals we all love to see. The shows I saw were above average for a ship this size and age.

The not so good.

Second day  a power strip was taken from our room without notice that it was in violation. We let them keep it not worth standing in line at debarking. First day dining waiting time was excessive over 20 minutes. A ship this old should totally have it's act together by now. The waiting time the after first day was long, but reasonable. (This is with a reservation I'm talking about even day 1).

The bands/music offered at night are below average in my opinion. We like to dance to just about anything, however entertainment seamed to be always playing thing with their own personal twist which was fair at best. I like to Karaoke, but they turned it into competition. Most people including myself are fair at best not professional singers. I know there are people with great voices, but Karaoke was intended for everyone to have fun not just the elite voices, and competing isn't the way to involve everyone. Maybe this is just my opinion anyway no Karaoke for me.

The summit offers several dinning experiences and areas for the AquaClass only, and in most cases that might be ok. However on a ship this old and small by today's standards it's just not acceptable. The lack of variety for a average or balcony cruisers is sub par and in my opinion the Summits biggest downfall.

I've been on over 40 cruises and cruised some ships as many as three times, however it would have to be a super great deal to repeat the Summit because I'd likely be bored the second time.

Was it a good Cruise Yes and I gave it four stars instead of 3, but would have rated it 3.5 if I could have.

Drink Eat and be merry - then relax on the Summit, but you won't be Wowed.

Nice Room with good shower, lot of movies to choose from to fill the lack of activities between 7 PM and 10 PM