Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Bermuda

disappointing and NOT family friendly at

Sail Date: August 01, 2014

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Our travel agent called Celebrity multiple times to answer questions I had about traveling with two small children (ages 7 months and a week shy of 3 years old). The information we received was incorrect and it negatively impacted our vacation. I was assured there were refrigerators in the room where I could store breastmilk\, but when I arrived and asked why the refridgerator didn't seem to be very cold I was told they were actually just coolers. I ended up storing the milk in the kitchen's refrigerator (which worked out)\, but this was not what was represented to me. If I had not noticed the temperature\, all of the milk would have all spoiled in the room's cooler. As an aside\, I learned from the cruise director that Celebrity is trying to be more family friendly. However\, there was not one changing table in any of the bathrooms outside of the Fun Factory and this made things very difficult.

Pros: everything was good (food\, qsine\, waitstaff\, entertainment) EXCEPT the fun factory and treatment of families traveling iwth small children

Cons: see above

Recommends Celebrity Summit? No.

no central meeting area
wonderful formal dining waiters and the host at Qsine was fabulous
kept very neat
everything was great except that pertaining to the kids program
Celebrity told our travel agent the Fun Factory was for 3 year olds\, but each ship had the discretion to allow younger kids. But onboard we were told there was no way my daughter\, turning 3 the following week\, could participate. Most offensive was the rude Fun Factory staff. I complained to Captain Leo and he said he would get back to me. Receiving no response\, I complained to guest relations who had me meet the Cruise Director. When I arrived\, the Cruise Director Ken Mills and the Fun Factory supervisor Ivana\, the very person I was complaining about\, were present. It was as if I were in trouble. Including in the meeting the staff member about whom Im complaining is counterproductive and uncomfortable. The Cruise Director appeared more interested in defending her than hearing me. He asked questions about my daughter's potty training and socialization and offered to let her attend 2 hours unsupervised on the very last day\, highlighting a discretionary decision could be made.