A Very Good Cruise

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Sail Date: November 24, 2012
Ship: Celebrity Summit
We knew that the Summit had undergone renovation earlier in the year and were really wowed by our cabin. We loved the wood and colors that had been chosen. The cabin seemed so much bigger than it was\, due in large part to the floor-to-ceiling mirrors opposite the bed. Everything was tastefully done. We were also impressed with the amount of storage space. We were able to stow our suitcases (all 4 of them) under the bed. And there were plenty of drawers and hangers.

As for the rest of the ship it was a mixed bag. We noted right away the appearance of the carpeting. In many places it appeared that the carpeting had gotten seriously wet\, or stained. I didn't reach down and feel it so I can't be certain. In any case it was surprising. I also noted some loose carpeting under one of the stairways midship\, between decks 5 and 6. We didn't have anything to compare it to so we don't know how extensive the renovations were. Aside from some maintenance to a door here or something there\, the rest of the ship appeared to be in very good shape. And very clean.

We were impressed with the food on our previous Celebrity cruise and it was even better on this cruise. From the buffet to the main dining room to the upscale Normandie restaurant everything was delicious\, well-presented and portioned just right. And of course the service was top-notch. Only on formal nights did service slow down a bit. But it was understandable and not a big deal. I was a little annoyed with the selection at the buffet during the day. There was a lot of high-end food\, more appropriate to dinner than lunch. Or there was mediocre (at best) pizza\, burgers or paninis. I wanted a deli with sandwiches. Lunch food. I was also mildly surprised that the international choices were limited to Asian and Italian. Where's the Mexican? I would've loved some chips and salsa! But these are minor annoyances and may be limited to myself. My wife loved the salad bar and the fresh produce! The brunch\, held in the mai

Simply the best.

What we participated in was good.

Everyone was professional\, courteous and friendly. We especially liked our cabin steward\, the maitre'd at the main dining room and the sommalier in the main dining room.

Carpeting issues in various places was not good. Otherwise\, everything was clean and tastefully done.

Our cabin was tastefully done and did not have that \"too-small\" size feel to it.

Pros: The food\, service

Cons: Condition of some of the carpeting\, 2/5 of the itinerary

Recommends Celebrity Summit? Yes!