Great cruise!

Celebrity Summit

Sail Date: February 01, 2013

Ship: Celebrity Summit

Review Summary

The ship was great. Very clean and new. Friendly and helpful staff. Variety of food selections\, which you'd expect on a cruise. We loved the thalassotherapy pool\, which was very relaxing.

Ship Experiences

As you'd expect on a cruise\, there's almost always food available. I liked the AquaSpa healthier options for breakfast and lunch\, so I didn't have to deal with the breakfast crowd to get my morning oatmeal. We did the select/flexible dining and usually went around 6:00 and were always seated right away. The main dining food was good and there was a good variety\, though I was a little disappointed by the lack of local-type or Caribbean-style options for dinner. Most of the menu items seemed like things you could have anywhere.

We didn't find many things to do in the evenings\, since my husband wasn't too interested in the shows. Some of the things we were interested in\, like wine tastings\, charged an extra fee. There were several things scheduled each night\, just nothing that really suited our interests. It was all right though\, because we just relaxed on deck or in the hot tubs.

The ship is pretty big\, so I still don't think we saw all of it in the week we were on it. Everything was very clean and well maintained. I was a little disappointed that there wasn't a deck that you could walk all the way around the ship on the outside. The very front and back were restricted.

We had an oceanview stateroom. It was nice\, though the layout was a little cramped. Wasn't expecting anything spacious\, but I don't usually unpack my clothes and put them in drawers\, but we really had to because there wasn't much room to set our suitcases out and no moveable luggage racks.

Pros: Very nice ship that has been recently updated. Everything was clean and looked new. Staff was friendly and helpful. LOVED the thalassotherapy pool. Spent a few evenings there relaxing after dinner. Also liked the AquaSpa healthier options for breakfast and lunch.

Cons: Nothing\, really. The

Recommends Celebrity Summit? Yes!