Not as expected

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Celebrity Summit

7 Night Southern Caribbean (San Juan Roundtrip)

Sail Date: January 17, 2015

Ship: Celebrity Summit

Review Summary

I booked an Aqua Class Room, which was very nice, but the amenities and treatment I received were not as expected.  I would not book this class again.  When I booked I distinctly remember reading that I would be allowed one night to have a dinner set up on the deck with friends, for a 7 night cruise.  (I can't remember where I read it and its too late now).  When I got there, no one seemed to know anything, nor was anyone willing to help me with it.  I got a lot of runaround.  The message light on my phone was broken and I reported it the first day, but no one fixed it.  The whole cruise, I had a blinking red light right next to my head.  We were booking our 30th Anniversary for the cruise, and I specified it, but got a "Happy Birthday" note, inviting me to go shopping in the ship shops.  The service was just so-so, and I have received better treatment and service on Carnival.  I expected more.  I suspect the literature on Aqua Class had the misinformation but, like I said, its too late now, and I suspect no one would care anyway.  I'm not sure I would use either or Celebrity in the future.

Ship Experiences

Message Light broken and they wouldn't fix. Booked thinking I would have a set up for dinner with the other 2 couples I cruises with and did not happen. Booked Anniversary Cruise and they were oblivious. They "forgot" room service the second time we ordered it.

Ports Of Call

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Frederiksted, St. Croix, U.S.V.I.

Basseterre, St. Kitts