Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Contributor Level: Second Mate

Summit is not the Solstice

Sail Date: January 11, 2014

Room Type: Suite

Experience at San Juan airport - had opted for the Celebrity bus  to get on board- well, we are seniors and my husband requires a wheelchair if walking distances are too far for him -  he had a wheelchair coming off the plane that brought him to where we were to take the bus and was told the bus would come outside and that I was required to take my luggage out to the curb myself - two large bags and two carry-ons - no wheelchair for husband as they were not allowed out of the building - Celebrity people watched me struggle with the bags - watched my husband try and walk that distance to the outside and did nothing to help - finally when one of the bags I was pulling fell ove the driver of the bus came over and asked if he could help - I canceled the bus going back at the end of the cruise and took a cab. Now for the bathrooms - what a disaster waiting to happen - no walk in shower - I had a suite - I have never seen tubs so high off the ground - a broken leg or arm in the making - I was told that some people bring in the small table from the balcony and use it as a step to get in the shower - are you kidding me??? Summit was clean - food was good - butler was very good - ship is old - but then so am I --- after the trip got to San Juan airport early -= curb side checkin said I could not have a wheelchair for my husband until I checked in at the desk - never had this happen to be before - so husband did the best he could getting into the terminal =- went to the desk and was told they could not take my luggage yet as it was too early - ok - can understand that - however, when I asked for a wheelchair for husband to sit in - and they were all there in view - was told that he could not have a wheelchair until his baggage was taken - what was he supposed to do - sit on the floor??Sitting is at a premium at that airport. My last comment is about the entertainment - it is non-existent - had the same juggler for two nights - no specialty acts at all - last night show was so bad I walked out. I loved the Solstice and also the Silhouette - but the Summit is not my cup of tea and San Juan airport certainly is not - one more comment - and I promise I will be done - there is nothing more frustrating than an airport that has places to eat but no tables or chairs and you have to sit with the food in your lap.

get those tubs out of the bathrooms before someone is seriously hurt.
boring