Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Bermuda

"Descent trip to Bermuda"

Sail Date: May 01, 2012

Overall, the Celebrity Summit is a good ship and cruise line. Bermuda is an excellent port to go to, although the King's Wharf is not the best location (Hamilton would have been much better). On this cruise, I would highly recommend eating at the speciality restaurants onboard, and staying in the Aqua class balcony rooms. The service is so much better and more comfortable. The main dining options are OK, but if you need any adjustments to the menu items, it is hard to get it the way you want/need it. The worst part of this cruise was the coffee. I will admit that it seems insignificant, however, I do not joke in saying that tar would have been better than the coffee on board (it was just as bad the previous time I took this ship.)

Pros: Speciality Dining; time in port

Cons: Coffee; port location; lacks Solstice qualities

Recommends Celebrity Summit? No.

Typical entertainment for cruise lines, just OK.
Aqua Class - very nice and comfortable. The balcony was very great in that it was very private and a good size. The decor could have been improved more for it being 'Aqua' Class, however, it was nice.
Excellent for speciality restaurants; above average (below good) for main dining. However, the buffet did include some nice things such as sushi and they had the Aqua Cafe which gives some fresher/healthier items which typically were very delicious.
The ship was well done and easy to navigate, however, it was missing a few of the key reasons for choosing a Celebrity Solstice class ship.
For the most part, the staff were very friendly and helpful. However, I will point out that you (the guest) have to get out of the way if they are walking - they will not yield to you. Additionally, one staff opened up my balcony from another stateroom without informing me, so the just suddenly appeared on my balancy.