Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Our First Cruise....Fabulous!!

Sail Date: February 01, 2012

My husband and I were given this cruise as a wedding gift, to take as our honeymoon. I work in the service industry at a country club (with EXTREMELY high service standards) and I was absolutely blown away at how good the service was. The food was phenomenal, the attention to detail was excellent. We had a great time and will be coming back!
My ONLY criticism (and this has nothing really to do with Celebrity).....we felt very uncomfortable in Grenada. We did not participate in shore excursions on this island, instead took a water taxi with other couples to a private beach. We were harassed so badly by the locals (pushing everything from massages, water sports, hair braiding, to drugs!). Every 5 minutes someone was at our beach chairs asking us to purchase something, and when you tell them no the haggle you and come back REPEATEDLY until you give in or leave. It was ridiculous.

Pros: service, food, everything!

Cons: one of the ports of call (grenada)

Recommends Celebrity Summit? Yes!

Many activities offered, great shore excursions. If you don't participate in shore excursions, you can usually find other people to tour islands with so you feel safe
Was like a large resort....everything we needed. Super clean.
Food was FABULOUS. We had select dining, and the hostess was very accomodating about getting us a window seat and the same waiter every night.
Stateroom was ocean view. The attendant was very friendly, knew our names right away. Cleaned room twice a day and didn't miss anything.
I was super impressed with the staff. Everyone was enthusiastic about being there. Everyone addressed us by name after meeting us only once. They went out of their way for us and we truly appreciate it.